I'm teaching participants how to prepare a full polish feast during four hour classes. Dishes includes :
1. herring in honey and mustard sauce / or sour cream with apple, red onion,
2. żurek soup topped with sausage and sour cucumber / or red borstch
3. gołąbki ( cabbage leaves stuffed with groats, onion and meat )
4. handmade pierogi stuffed with wild mushroom and sauerkraut topped with butter sage sauce .
5. Cracovian style cheesecake with salty caramel and seasonal forest fruits.
Be warned: after a class or party with me in my kitchen, your cooking - and life - might not ever be the same. I specialise in making Polish home made dishes out of local products, seasonal goods, fermentation process ( cabbage, cucumbers, plums ) using forest mushrooms and unique herbs, and I never fail to make cooking as fun and approachable as it is tasty. Join me!
Some alcohol included Feel free to bring your own alcohol
Hello! I’m Marta, I'm sculptor, but i also love cooking. I’ve always enjoyed sharing my knowledge of my beautiful home town, Krakow, both through the website I run eataway.com and with all the wonderful travellers I meet in person.
I also love cooking. That means delicious, home-made food freshly-prepared for my family and friends, and fun evenings of conversation and shared experiences. I’ve often thought when travelling myself how great it would be to have a meal with a local person.
Restaurants are great, but sometimes it seems it would be better to enjoy a home-cooked meal with someone who can also tell me a bit more about their experiences, their lives and their cities. So, I’ve decided to do exactly that. I cook for up to 8 people at my home in Krakow every Wednesday from around 7pm. And you’re invited. Please join me!